Do you want to work as a backend developer at a fast growing start up?
Is backend your speciality, are you looking for a position with loads of responsibility and
personal development opportunities? And would you want to help to set the industry
standard for student communication? Look no further, StuComm is the place for you!
Who are we?
We help educational institutions to inform their students in a timely manner, with the help of
the StudentsApp. The app combines information from different systems, preventing students
from needing to log in to different platforms to find the needed information. Everything can
be found in one app, within two clicks, while only having to log in once.
We were founded 3 years ago and already 500.000 students use our apps. Amongst our customers are institutions as University Utrecht, University of Applied Sciences Inholland
and ROC van Twente. Alongside conquering the Dutch market, we are now expanding
Who are you?
We're looking for an ambitious guy or girl for this position, who isn't afraid to take on a
challenge. You like to dive into data & code and have the drive to deliver the best product
day-in-day-out. Alongside, you like to think about the scalability of our product.
You like to work in a team where you have loads of freedom. We work with the scrum
method, where we use sprints of two weeks and daily standups. The different team
members work closely together, to make the most out of each others experience!
We use the following techniques:
OS: Windows 2012 / 2016 / CentOS / Ubuntu
Webservers: Apache, nginx, IIS
Databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL / MariaDB, Oracle
Languages / Frameworks: PHP, Laravel (binnenkort Java), powershell
Other: GIT, Jira
We therefore expect the following skills of you:
- Minimum of 3 years PHP experience (Laravel/Lumen or Symfony is a plus)
- Database (MySQL, MS SQL) knowledge and experience
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server en Linux
What we offer
- Small team full of specialists (25 people)
- Office in downtown Utrecht
- Salary in line with your knowledge and experience
- Compensation for your travels/commute
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- A ton of personal development opportunities
- Mentors from all over the world (i.a. former director Apple en Google)
- Inspirational sessions about 3D printing or AI for example
- Monthly massages
- Pizza sessions, game nights, company outings and friday drinks
- Intensive chess- and table tennis matches and nerfgun fights
Do you think you are the perfect addition to our team? We’d love to hear from you! Contact Nienke Beens via +31 (0)6 41686028 or email@example.com for applications or more information.